We were founded in the fall of 2016 by a group of University of Alabama students who were tired of being force-fed propaganda by the establishment media. In order to be an authentic voice of Southern students, we aim to accomplish the following:
- To provide quality, top-notch journalism to the University of Alabama community. Excellence will be the goal in all of our journalistic endeavors – whether in writing, aesthetics, photojournalism, or financial management.
- To be as financially independent as possible, to ensure our work can remain so as well.
- To provide fair and insightful coverage of all people on campus and campus events, regardless of their ideological affiliation.
- To examine issues facing the campus through an in-depth and ethical investigative lens, holding those in positions of power responsible for their actions.
- To provide conservative commentary on public affairs, entertainment, and the arts in response to the overwhelming liberal media consensus on these issues. As conservatives opposed to the liberal hegemony, we refuse to back down in the face of threats or intimidation for holding ‘controversial’ opinions.
- To promote the values of free speech and true diversity – the diversity of opinion.